Are you wondering how to redeem Ibotta money or how to scan a receipt on Ibotta?
You’re in luck!
We’re double-dipping today on both topics.
The whole point of this awesome money-saving app is to be simple, so let’s make it as easy as possible.
In this article, we’ll discuss:
- How to redeem Ibotta money
- How to use Ibotta with Walmart grocery pickup
- How to redeem an Ibotta gift card
- How to scan receipt on Ibotta
- How to scan an online receipt for Ibotta
Yes, you can earn quite a bit of cash back from Ibotta just by linking your accounts and scanning receipts.
Yes, it’s that easy!
If you’re loving saving money with this handy app, you’ll love the Ibotta browser extension too (ultra-convenient).
How to Redeem Ibotta Money
So you’ve linked your accounts, and you’ve scanned your receipts.
How do you get your hard-earned money out?
It’s pretty darn simple.
How to Withdraw Your Ibotta Earnings
- Tap the ‘Account’ section of the Ibotta app & select “Withdraw Cash”
- Link your PayPal or Venmo account with your Ibotta account
- Finally, enter the dollar amount that you would like to transfer to your PayPal or Venmo account and select “Transfer Cash”.
There you go, you’re all set to get saving!
Got an Ibotta $20 welcome bonus from when you signed up?
That will be included in your current balance when you make the transfer.
How to Use Ibotta with Walmart Grocery Pickup
Using Ibotta with Walmart grocery pickup is easy!
First, select a grocery pickup spot that is convenient for you.
After your groceries are ready at the store, go to the Walmart app (or website) and click “Get Grocery Pick Up.”
Choose to have them delivered to your house or pick them up in-store.
Then key in your promo code!
How simple is that?
To then redeem your Ibotta offers from your Walmart purchases, you must first connect your Ibotta and Walmart accounts.
How do you match them?
- Select the Account icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click “Connect an Account” and select Walmart from the list.
- Type in your username and password to officially link your Ibotta account with your Walmart account.
You’re all set to earn cash back on those groceries!
For future purchases, the offers will show up in the app right away; you only need to link them once.
How to Redeem an Ibotta Gift Card
So you’ve got yourself an Ibotta gift card and want to cash it out.
Thankfully, like most tasks in this handy app, it’s pretty easy to do so with just a few simple steps.
How to Cash Out With Ibotta Gift Cards
- Open the Ibotta app and select “Withdraw Cash” from the “Account” section of the app.
- Scroll down to browse gift card choices (such as Target, Walmart, iTunes, Sephora, etc.).
- Select your preferred gift card, verify your identity & confirm the payment.
How to Scan Receipt on Ibotta App (In-Store)
To scan a receipt barcode during redemption, hover your device’s camera over the barcode (or QR code) on the receipt until the app confirms the barcode.
If prompted, select and scan any product barcodes for your offers.
To scan a receipt on the Ibotta app, the very first thing you need to do is make sure that the store from which you are purchasing an item offers cash back.
How exciting, right?
Since Ibotta is available for iOS and Android, they have application versions that work well on both operating systems.
When you scan a receipt using the barcode scanner, Ibotta will show how much money you can expect to receive by submitting the image(s) of your receipt.
Once you have taken pictures of all the necessary receipts (don’t forget to answer all of the questions associated with each one!), then it’s time to get paid!
How to Scan an Online Receipt for Ibotta
How about for online retailers?
How do you redeem that type of shopping purchase?
Super simply, of course.
Scanning Receipts for Online Retailers
- Select the retailer that you are redeeming at within the Ibotta app.
- Click “Upload Receipt” to take a picture of your receipt
- Tap “Finish.” You may need to tap “Add Section” if you have a long receipt, or scan the product barcodes if prompted.
Considering this is a super common type of shopping, we’d highly suggest linking your loyalty accounts to your Ibotta app to make the process as quick as possible moving forward.