Are you looking for a Postmates promo code that works?
If you’re looking for a convenient food delivery option combined with free food credit, this article will provide exactly that.
You’ve gotta check it out!
If you’ve used the app before, feel free to check out our Postmates promo codes for existing users list for ways to keep saving on all of your orders.
HOW: Use the Postmates app to order food and get $100 in delivery fee credit. These 3 steps below are simple and easy to set up and you’ll save on every order.
WHY: This is the only way to get a discount code for existing Uber Eats users. Uber Eats does not have existing user promo codes you can enter directly into their app.
Note: Make sure you follow the instructions below exactly to activate the discount.
1. Copy the Postmates promotional code
Delivery fee credit for new Postmates users
*IMPORTANT* This promo code will ONLY work if you click the link below to activate the offer.
2. Activate and enter the promo code into the Postmates app
- Download the app & activate the promo code (free)
- Sign up and login to the app
- Tap the profile icon (top left corner)
- Select ‘Promos & Credits’ at the bottom of the page
- Tap on the section labeled ‘Enter Promo Code’
- Enter your promo code for $100 in free delivery fee credit
3. Place your order to lock in the savings
- Place your order and get food delivered to your doorstep
- Make sure you place your first order within 7 days of entering the code
HOW IT WORKS: You’ll get free delivery credit for up to $100 on unlimited orders for the next 7 days.
BONUS: Get free delivery with DoorDash by following this step-by-step guide.
The on-demand revolution is in full swing, and this ultimate convenience app plays right into the trend by providing delivery from restaurants, coffee shops, and even grocery stores in your area so you don’t have to leave home to get what you need.
The Postmates app is quite user-friendly, and its options are expansive.
If you haven’t tried it yet, we’ve got the hookup for a Postmates promo code today that you can use to cut a chunk out of your first order cost.
Postmates Promo Code for New Users
So, you’re a new user just trying out the app for the first time.
Is your first Postmates order free?
While your entire order won’t be completely free, they are offering a pretty hefty deal.
They’re currently offering a $100 delivery fee credit for first-time users.
Considering the usual delivery fees are around $5, this $100 credit could nab you free deliveries for quite a while.
Wondering more about how the service works and what customers have to say about it?
Check out our Postmates review customer guide for all the info you need.
How Do Postmates Promo Codes Work?
So, this is obviously a great deal, but how does it actually work?
Simply enter the promo code into your Postmates app.
The $100 delivery fee credit will automatically cancel out your delivery fees for any orders you place until the balance is gone.
There are no limits, so even when you place a large order from further away (these two factors increase the delivery fee total), that fee will be free just the same as any smaller fees accrued.
There are also no daily limits, so you could order multiple times a day and all of the delivery fees up to $100 would be free.
Where Can I Use a Postmates Promo Code?
Postmates promo codes for new customers are valid anywhere the service is available.
The delivery credit is available in most large cities as well as quite a few smaller ones, and their reach is growing as their popularity continues to skyrocket.
There is quite a wide variety of available establishments to order from, including restaurants, coffee shops, and even grocery stores.
How do you know if the Postmates delivery credit will work in your area?
Simply download the app and enter your zip code.
If the service is available in your area, then you can get free delivery with a Postmates code.
Their availability extends to many large cities across the country such as San Francisco, New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Miami, San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Orange County, Portland, Phoenix, Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Minneapolis, Nashville, Charlotte, and Virginia Beach.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and more cities are constantly being added.
Check out the app to see if yours has been added!
Okay, so the promo code for Postmates will work in my city. Where can I order food from?
Thankfully, Postmates offers a large variety of different options spanning from simple coffee shop orders to full-scale restaurant meals. You can even order your groceries!
You can check the app for a current list of everything available.
Anything that’s available to order will qualify you to use that free delivery Postmates coupon.
Remember, that code will send your delivery fees running for the hills all the way until you hit $100.
No need to limit yourself 🙂
Wondering how much Postmates orders will cost you even with free delivery?
We’ll break down the cost of an order to give you an idea of how much it costs to use the app, with and without the coveted promo code entered into your account for free delivery.
A Postmates order cost is calculated based on a few factors: your order total, the distance between pickup and dropoff, and the tip.
The distance between pickup and dropoff actually determines the delivery fees, but remember, you won’t have to pay those for a while with that handy free delivery code, so you can leave this part out until that’s been used up.
Besides that, you have the fee for the service itself. This amount is a percentage of your order total (9% to be exact).
Lastly, the tip. It is not required to leave a tip, of course, but highly encouraged as with many delivery-based services.
There are built-in options in the app to leave a 5%, 10%, 15% or 20% tip on your orders.
How to Enter Postmates Promo Code
Thankfully, it’s super simple to enter this Postmates promo code credit on your first order.
Here’s a step-by-step description of how to enter the promo code into your app ahead of time.
- Download the Postmates app, create an account and log in.
- Tap the profile icon (top left corner).
- Select ‘Promos & Credits’ at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the section labeled ‘Enter Promo Code.’
- Enter your promo code for free delivery.
- Go ahead and put your order together. Double-check just before you check out that the free delivery has been added to the order.
If you’ve already gone through the order process and want to enter a promo code without going back into your profile, they do have a secondary prompt during the checkout process.
Once you’ve finished putting your order together, you can tap ‘View Order’ at the bottom of the screen.
At the bottom of this screen is a field labeled ‘Enter Promo Code.’ You can enter it here.
How to See Postmates Promo Code
If adding the free delivery promo code was a success, how do you see it to check?
It’s simple to verify that it worked, and a great idea to make sure you cash in on the deal without issues.
First, navigate to the ‘Promos & Credits’ section the same way as described above.
There you go!
Your free delivery code should be listed there.
Postmates Promo Code Won’t Apply
Postmates promo codes rarely have issues applying to your account correctly.
The only instances where this may happen is if you’re trying to enter the code if you’re an existing user.
This free delivery code is offered for new users only.
Sometimes the issue also arises that the minimum order amount hasn’t been met.
Your purchase must be a minimum of $15 to be eligible for the promotion.
And does it expire?
Yes. You’ll need to use this code within 7 days of entering it.
Postmates Promo Code for Existing Users
New users definitely get the lion’s share of promo code discounts when it comes to free delivery, money off orders, etc.
Thankfully, the Postmates app always has something for existing users to take advantage of as well!
For a deeper dive into how to really save as an existing Postmates user, take a peek at our full guide here.
If you’re just looking for a quick list of ideas, though, here are some to try:
- Join their email list. They email promotions and deals occasionally, and when they do, they’re usually pretty good offers that you wouldn’t want to miss out on.
- Look for restaurant discounts. Specific locations commonly offer deals to entice orders from Postmates customers. You can see these deals in the app when looking through restaurant options. Some require a code to enter and some do not.
- Postmates referral program. This one is pretty straightforward and operates like a usual referral program. The $100 free delivery credit is offered for both the person referring and the person being referred; just make sure to enter the correct Postmates referral code to enable the free delivery code.
- Postmates unlimited program. This is a subscription program with a host of benefits for members, including free delivery on orders over $15, the delivery time of 30 minutes instead of 1 hour, no surge pricing on any delivery, and other exclusive offers (some vary by location).
- Postmates promo code Reddit. This one is a long shot, but sometimes the promo codes for free delivery on Reddit do actually work. If you’re having issues with your code working correctly, this is worth a quick try.
- Pick up instead of choosing delivery. Once your free delivery has run out, this option cuts out that fee from your overall cost with a little extra effort to go pick up your order.
- Postmates Party. If you no longer have a code to use, simply ordering in a Postmates party will lessen your cost. This is similar to the Uber Pool or Lyft Shared options in rideshare; people order together and the deliveries are done one after another. Since they’re in close range of each other, you may wait a little longer for delivery but it’ll cost you less.
- Become a Postmates driver. You can get free delivery without a Postmates coupon to rely on if you work as a Postmates driver. Besides perks such as this, you’ll also earn money with each delivery you make.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the Postmates app free delivery promo code potential, but it’s a great place to start!
Postmates Promo Code FAQ
Do I need to use a code for Postmates Unlimited?
Nope! As an Unlimited member, your orders will all enjoy free delivery without the need to use a code of any kind. The only requirement is that your order minimum reaches $15.
Does Postmates deliver alcohol?
Yes, Postmates does deliver alcohol in some markets such as Long Beach, CA. You’ll see the availability in your app when putting orders together if the function is available where you live.
Should I tip Postmates?
While tipping is definitely not required, it is encouraged. This is a convenient service meant to save time and effort, so gratuity is very much appreciated. You can add a tip to your orders right through the app after delivery has finished.
Can you use more than one promo code on Postmates?
As with most promotions nowadays, you cannot combine them together. You can, however, use up this $100 promo code for free delivery and then move on to some other methods to save for existing users. You won’t need a code for every method, but if you are diligent about it, you can save a pretty penny on your Postmates orders.