So, you’re here to find out how to add money to Cash App.
We can help!
In this article, we’ll show you:
- How to add money to Cash App
- How to add money to Cash App card
- How to add cash to Cash App at Walmart, Walgreens & other retailers
- How to add money to Cash App card at ATM
- How to transfer money from a bank to Cash App
Yes, you can easily add money or transfer money to and from Cash App or your Cash App card.
If you’re new to Cash App and haven’t gotten the app yet, be sure to use our Cash App referral code guide to get the biggest bang for your buck when you’re just starting out.
Let’s take a look at how it works.
If you want to take it a step further and send money to someone, check out our how-to here.
How to add money to Cash App
You can add money to Cash App by linking a debit or credit card. You can also link your bank account to transfer funds into Cash App by linking the app with our partner, Square Payment Services (formerly known as Square Capital).
To add money to Cash App, you’ll need:
- A supported debit or credit card that’s already on file in your app settings
- Your mobile device running iOS 11+ and Android OS version of Oreo (Android OS version will be updated soon)
The steps to add money to your Cash App account are :
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom of your screen
- Select “Add Money” from the menu on the top
- Choose how you would like to add money (credit card, bank account) by selecting it and tapping continue
- Enter in either a debit or credit card number or you can also choose “bank transfer” if you would prefer to link an existing bank account
- Tap ‘Next’. They’ll ask for security info, such as PINs/passwords, before proceeding. If linking a bank account, you’ll enter account details including routing number and bank name next.
If someone is sending you money, you can request money right from your app to make it seamless, too.
How to add money to Cash App card
Adding money to your Cash App card is super simple!
You can do this simply by adding money to your Cash App account, and those funds will be available to spend on your card as well.
Be sure to request your free Cash App card and activate it beforehand.
How to add cash to Cash App at Walmart, Walgreens & other retailers
You can add cash to your Cash App account at many retailers, including grocery stores, check cashers, and convenience stores such as 7-Eleven, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Dollar General and more.
To add cash to your Cash App account at Walmart, Walgreens, and other large retailers:
- Go to the cashier. Ask them to add funds to your Cash App card.
- Pay them in cash for the amount you’d like to add.
- Easy peasy, all done!
How to add money to Cash App card at ATM
To add money to your Cash App card at an ATM, simply swipe your card in the machine, enter how much you want to add, and follow the prompts.
This method does carry a $2 fee with it, although you really can’t put a price on convenience. 
Yes, it’s seriously that easy!
That’s kinda Cash App’s thing: to be simple, quick & fuss-free (unlike most banks).
How to transfer money from a bank to Cash App
To transfer money from a bank to your Cash App, you can verify your bank account and set up a direct deposit. 
- Log in to Cash App
- Tap on the “Cash Card” option in the main menu, then tap “Link an Account” at the bottom of that screen
- Select which account you would like to link (e.g., checking)
- Enter your routing & account numbers when prompted
You should receive confirmation after linking your credit/debit card(s) and you’re good to go!
If you like this functionality, you should definitely check out whether you can qualify for Cash App’s borrow feature, which works like a short-term loan and is super intuitive.